Return and refund guidelines
1. Cancellation notice
Consumers shall have the following cancellation right. A consumer is any natural person who concludes a legal transaction for a purpose which, in the main, cannot be attributed to either their commercial or independent professional activity.
You have the right to cancel this contract within fourteen days without giving reasons. The deadline for cancellation shall be fourteen days from the day on which you or a third party named by you who is not the carrier took possession of the last goods. In order to exercise your cancellation right, you must inform us (Rabe GmbH, Otto-Lilienthal-Strasse 10, 49134 Wallenhorst, Germany Phone: +49 5407 89566-0, Fax: +49 5407 89566-27, E-mail: email@example.com) of your decision to cancel this contract in a clear declaration (e.g. a letter sent by post, fax or e-mail). Informing us of your wish to exercise your right to cancel the contract before the cancellation deadline expires shall be sufficient in order to comply with the cancellation deadline.
Consequences of cancellation
If you cancel this contract, we shall refund all payments that we received from you, including delivery costs (with the exception of any additional costs resulting from the fact that you chose a method of delivery other than standard delivery (the cheapest method) immediately and at the latest within fourteen days of the day on which we received notification of your wish to cancel this contract. Unless expressly agreed otherwise with you, we shall use the same method of payment for this refund as the one you used for the original transaction; under no circumstances will you be charged fees for this refund. We can refuse to refund your money until we have received the goods or until you have proven that you have sent the goods back, depending on which is earlier. You shall send the goods back or hand them over to us immediately and at the latest within fourteen days of the day on which you notified us of your cancellation of this contract. If you send off the goods before the fourteen-day deadline expires, this shall be sufficient to comply with the deadline. You shall bear the direct costs of returning the goods. You shall be liable for any loss in value of the goods only if this loss in value can be attributed to handling of the goods other than in a way which was necessary to check their condition, properties and functions.
End of the cancellation notice
2. General information regarding returns
1. Please avoid damaging or soiling the goods. If possible, please return the goods to us in their original packaging together with all accessories and all items of packaging. If necessary, use protective outer packaging. If you no longer have the original packaging, please use suitable packaging to ensure that the goods are adequately protected against transport damage.
2. Please do not return the goods to us without stamps. Please note that for consumers Sections 1-2 above are not a prerequisite for effectively exercising the cancellation right.
3. Warranty and returns for entrepreneurs (B2B)
1. So that the ordering party can claim its rights if the deliverable is defective, it must examine the deliverable after they have been handed over and notify the seller of defects in writing immediately, but no later than ten days after handover; the seller must be notified of hidden defects in writing as soon as they are discovered. The seller shall have the right to view and inspect the deliverable in question in response to any complaint. The ordering party shall give the seller the time and opportunity required for that. The seller can also demand that the ordering party return the deliverables in question to the seller at the seller's expense. If a complaint about defects by the ordering party proves to be unjustified through intent or gross negligence, the ordering party shall be obliged to reimburse the seller for all expenses incurred in this connection (such as travel expenses and shipping charges).
2. The seller shall be authorised to remedy defects at its own choice either by repairing them free of charge for the ordering party or supplying a substitute for the defective part or entire deliverable ("subsequent remedy"). Parts replaced by the seller shall be returned to the seller.
3. The ordering party shall give the seller the time and opportunity necessary and reasonable for subsequent remedy. The ordering party shall have the right, after notifying the seller immediately, to rectify the defect itself or have it rectified by a third party and demand that the seller reimburse it for the necessary costs only in urgent cases where there is a risk to operational safety or to avert disproportionately great damage or if the seller is in delay with rectifying the defect.
4. The rights of the ordering party in relation to defects shall lapse if defects occur for reasons for which the ordering party is responsible, such as due to unsuitable or incorrect use, in particular a failure to observe the operating guide, incorrect assembly, incorrect commissioning, incorrect handling or incorrect installation by the ordering party or due to unsuitable accessories or unsuitable spare parts or unsuitable repair measures, incorrect storage or natural wear and tear, provided the seller is not responsible for the defects.
5. The seller shall bear the material costs, shipping charges and labour costs incurred for the purpose of subsequent remedy or supplying a substitute within Germany, unless the ordering party has to bear them in accordance with Section 9 (1). In the case of international sales, the ordering party shall bear the shipment costs that are incurred.
6. If rectification of defects or supply of a substitute fails or cannot be reasonably expected of the ordering party or the seller refuses to rectify defects or supply a substitute in accordance with Section 439 (3) of the German Civil Code (BGB) (for example due to the disproportionate cost involved), the ordering party can – at its choice – rescind the contract, reduce the purchase price and/or demand damages (or, if applicable, reimbursement of its expenses) in accordance with the statutory provisions.
7. The period of limitation for the rights of the ordering party to subsequent remedy, rescission of the contract or reduction in the purchase price due to defects shall be 12 months as of the date of delivery to the ordering party. The statutory periods of limitation shall still apply to claims for damages due to malicious non-disclosure of defects or defects caused through intent.